Circle Pharma is an emerging biotech company discovering and developing macrocycle therapeutics targeting important intracellular protein-protein interactions. Our novel, intrinsically cell-permeable macrocycles provide a unique opportunity to address these “undruggable” targets. Our first targets are in molecularly defined cancers, with future expansion to other therapeutic areas.
We are a tightly integrated team of synthetic and computational medicinal chemists and pre-clinical biologists. Our discovery platform includes structure based design, integrating target affinity, cell permeability and medicinal chemistry, and automated macrocycle synthesis. We have open positions for candidates who want to make key contributions to a small, exciting startup company and help drive its growth.
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual who will apply project management methodologies to advance Circle’s oncology programs from discovery to the clinic. This individual will coordinate small functional teams contributing to drug discovery and development programs for Circle’s internal pipeline and partnered programs and will provide operational guidance to drive programs to achieve milestones within agreed timeline, quality and budget parameters. The individual will work closely with senior management.
This position requires excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels both within and outside the company in order to establish credibility with professionals on the project teams. The individual will apply scientific rigor, foster a productive team environment, and encourage constructive interactions among team members and will resolve and negotiate issues with diplomacy and composure.
- Responsible for defining project scope, timelines and deliverables in collaboration with research teams, external advisors and senior management, and designing and leading implementation of workplans for successful project completion
- Accountable for planning, tracking and coordinating activities and resources within and between programs in collaboration with senior management. Serve as program lead where appropriate, depending on project status. Advise cross functional teams operating in drug design, chemistry synthesis and biology in order to manage deliverables
- Prepare and maintain project plans and scenarios with current software tools (e.g., MS Project, SharePoint).
- Organize and lead regular program team meetings.
- Manage partnered program interactions with corporate partners, including coordination of preparing and negotiating project plans, status reports, data summaries and other collaboration materials
- Support development of robust information reporting to ensure data quality and support decision making
- Identify opportunities for optimization of working processes and practices
- Proactively identify issues and develop solutions and best practices to meet goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science required, advanced degree (MBA, MS, PhD) preferred with a minimum of 7 years of project management experience in drug discovery and development the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Project management certification preferred
- Demonstrated track record in leading cross-functional teams in a matrix organization within a drug discovery and development setting
- Strong experience in facilitating project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making
- Proven leadership skills, maturity and emotional intelligence. Ability to exercise judgment and exert influence on overall objectives and long-range goals
- Demonstrated ability to handles multiple projects and priorities with exceptional organizational and time management skills (both project and self)
- Excellent technical skills with Microsoft Office, SharePoint, MS Project and/or Merlin, and with Mac/PC operating systems
- Enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic, high-achieving and cooperative environment where every voice matters
Job Type: Full-time
Circle Pharma is a dynamic start-up company, and the successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. Circle offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to Company observed holidays. The Company provides Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, along with a retirement savings plan which includes employer contributions. We promote a culture in which employees are respected and rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume/CV as a combined PDF to Cayla McEwen via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and please refer to job code PrjMngr0005 in the subject line. Applications received in any other format will not be considered. No phone calls or LinkedIn connection invites please. Direct applicants only.
Circle Pharma is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.